Angiola Harry is an award-winning veteran journalist who has been reporting in Indonesia for two decades. He has also written several books and a novel.
· Started journalistic career in 2002 as a photojournalist at PT. Jawa Pos, Surabaya, East Java.
· In 2004, moved to Media Indonesia, a top national newspaper. While there, he was awarded “The Youngest Journalist for Aceh Conflict Coverage” in 2005.
· In 2007, became a TV reporter for a joint project between Media Indonesia and Metro TV.
· In 2008, joined Tempo, the number one specialized investigative mass media in Indonesia, as editor of Tempo.co’s online news.
· In 2014, headhunted by Indonesia Central Bank (BI) as a communications expert. Awarded the “Best BI Journalist” 2015 to 2016, first place in Opinion Writing (2016), and third place in ICCA Writing Contest (2015).
· In 2018, worked for the UN’s fisheries project, led the public communications team. Won an award for a visualization project, which was commended by the then Minister of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries, Edhy Prabowo.
Angiola is a graduate of Marine Fisheries Management Studies from IPB University, Indonesia.